Here some just some of the negative impacts of drinking bottled water:
- It takes between 400 to 1000 years for plastic to break down. That means unless the plastic is destroyed, every plastic bottle ever made still exists today.
- It takes 17 million barrels of oil to produce enough bottles to meet America’s huge demand for water bottles. That’s enough oil to fuel over million cars a year!
- We only recycle 1 out of 5 plastic bottles.
- The average person uses 167 disposable water bottles a year but only recycles 38.
- Roughly 50 billion water bottles were used last year. But because Americans only recycle about 23 percent of their plastic, this results in 38 billion water bottles (more than 1 billion dollars worth) being wasted every year.
- Bottled water is super expensive to produce. If we drink the recommended eight 8-oz glasses of water a day, this only equals to about 49 cents a year for tap water. However, that same amount costs about $1,400 for bottled water - over 1000 times more expensive than tap water!
- Antimony, a chemical commonly found in plastic water bottles, can cause dizziness, depression, nausea, vomiting and even death.
- It takes 1.39 liters of water to produce one liter of bottled water. That means we’re wasting about 40% of water for every liter of bottle water that we drink.
- Every year, over one million seabirds and 100, 000 marine animals, such as dolphins and turtles, die from ingesting or becoming entangled in plastic waste.
The Benefits Of Using WaterWell Filter Bottles
- Get the convenience of clean drinking water, anytime, anywhere, anyplace.
- Save your hard earned money by getting quality filtered water without wasting it on expensive bottled water.
- Do your part in reducing plastic waste and helping to protect the environment.